- I don't read digital files except for those I can read on my Kindle, text only, which means no graphic novels or other books with illustrations. I read on my phone, so the screen is small.
- My preference is for books already on my extensive To Read list, which I accumulate by going through Publishers Weekly, including the announcement issues.
- My main genre interests are Science Fiction, Literary Mystery (standalones preferred), Historical Fiction (not Victorian!) with a preference for times and places I don't know or read much about (I like experiencing new things in books), and the occasional Fantasy. Please, nothing that can be considered ChickLit and no anatomy of a marriage sort of fiction. Also, no non-fiction.
- I am way behind in my reading. Always. If it's something that catches my attention, I might get to it in a month or so, usually longer, though the time depends on what I'm currently reading. I'm a slow reader. I like taking my time with the books I read. The shorter the book, the faster I can get to it and read it. And of course, you'll have to allow for time to mail it to me.
- If I like it, I'll happily post a positive review. If I don't, I'll post either a negative review or no review, your choice, but you'll have to let me know beforehand which option you prefer should I not like it. I will not let you see my review beforehand.
Should this be acceptable, email me at shelly.s(at)gmail.com