"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Thursday Bookworm: Poetry

1. What is your opinion of poetry? Do you love it, hate it, can't live without it, or wish all poets would be stranded on a desert isle?
I tolerate poetry.

2. What is your favorite poem? Copy and paste it here in your answer (and yes, if your favorite poem happens to be a dirty limerick, so be it- share away).
My favorite poem is a bit long to post here, but I can provide a link. It's "The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert W. Service.

3. Do you have a favorite poet or a favorite collection of poetry? Along the same vein, is there a particular poet that you don't really care for? Why?
I'm fond of Edgar Allen Poe's poetry and Robert Frost was okay.

4. Do you consider songs to be a form of poetry? Why or why not?
Most probably are, or at least a form of poetry, just set to music.

5. Do you write poetry? If so: 1) would you consider posting one of your poems with your answer so we may all read it; and 2) what inspires you to write your poetry?
I wrote bad poetry when I was in school. I posted one from college last year sometime, but it's not worth repeating here. Yeah, it's that bad. I don't think I have any other of my poems anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:41 PM

    Thanks for playing along! The Service poem was a new one for me- never run across it before, but thanks for posting the link!

    Have a great week, Shelly!

    BTW, I hope to post my answers to Booked By 3 on my blog sometime this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I was able to share the genius of Service and his poems. That one really tells a story. :)

    ReplyDelete