1. What is your opinion of poetry? Do you love it, hate it, can't live without it, or wish all poets would be stranded on a desert isle?
I tolerate poetry.
2. What is your favorite poem? Copy and paste it here in your answer (and yes, if your favorite poem happens to be a dirty limerick, so be it- share away).
My favorite poem is a bit long to post here, but I can provide a link. It's "The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert W. Service.
3. Do you have a favorite poet or a favorite collection of poetry? Along the same vein, is there a particular poet that you don't really care for? Why?
I'm fond of Edgar Allen Poe's poetry and Robert Frost was okay.
4. Do you consider songs to be a form of poetry? Why or why not?
Most probably are, or at least a form of poetry, just set to music.
5. Do you write poetry? If so: 1) would you consider posting one of your poems with your answer so we may all read it; and 2) what inspires you to write your poetry?
I wrote bad poetry when I was in school. I posted one from college last year sometime, but it's not worth repeating here. Yeah, it's that bad. I don't think I have any other of my poems anymore.