"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Okay, I'm Hooked

On Minette Walters. I can't remember when I was last so excited about an author. I picked up three more of her paperbacks today. Not the newest one because it's a bit bigger and heavier. It's an experiment in design for aging baby boomers: a more readable paperback. A bit taller, better quality paper which is heavier but nice looking, and a larger font for a pb. And I tried it but it's too heavy and clumsy in my hands and I won't be able to hold it while on the treadmill and that's where I mostly read mysteries. I just have too many other books to read to get it for subway reading. Still, I can't really complain about a publisher trying to make books more readable.

But the 3 I got should keep me busy for a while:

  • The Ice House
  • The Breaker
  • Fox Evil