"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Friday, July 21, 2006

Booked by 3 for July, My Answers

I didn't mean to take so long to answer this time.

Superlatives
List up to 3 of the:
  • Scariest
  1. The Plot Against America by Philip Roth. This was way too plausible and therefore, very scary.
  2. Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin. This scared the living daylights out of me back in the '70s when I read it.
  3. The Other by Tom Tryon. I'm not sure "scary" is the right word, but it sure gave me chills. And nearly everything by EA Poe.
  • Most moving (sad and/or happy)
  1. A Patch of Blue by Elizabeth Kata. An excellent, and sad, movie, too, one of the better adaptations in my opinion.
  2. Shardik by Richard Adams. I cried, I laughed, I went through all the emotions Kelderek went through in the book.
  3. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Actually, there are dozens of books I could add here, ie To Kill a Mockingbird.
  • Funniest
  1. "The Man Who Came to Dinner," a play by George Kaufman and Moss Hart. Probably, my favorite play to read. I read a lot of plays during the '70s.
  2. Where's Poppa? by Robert Klane. Became a very odd movie starring Ruth Gordon and George Segal.
  3. Though I could list a lot of non-fiction/humor books, such as essays by Woody Allen, that sort of thing, I want to keep this list as close to fiction as possible, so I'll pick Richard Hooker's M*A*S*H as the third book.
books you've ever read. Can be fiction or non-fiction, graphic novel or ones without pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment