"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Booked by 3: April, My Answers

Name up to 3 characters:

You wish were real so you could meet them.
  • Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. I would love to have a real discussion with him.
  • Ukiah Oregon of Wen Spencer's science fiction series because he's hot.
  • Vincent Rubio in Eric Garcia's Dinosaur Mafia books because who wouldn't want to meet a modern-day dinosaur?

You would like to be.
  • Growing up, I wanted to be Nancy Drew.
  • A comic book character: Supergirl. Who wouldn't want super powers?
  • hmmmmm.... can't think of a third.

That scare you.
  • Charles Lindbergh in Philip Roth's The Plot Against America.
  • Big Brother in 1984.
  • Paul in Michael Marshall's Straw Men trilogy. The embodiment of evil.

By the way, I was really tickled to see that this edition of Booked by 3 got picked up by a lot of folks via tagging, to the point that the original post got lost in the ether of cyberspace. I think that was one of my fantasies when I started blogging, to create a meme that took on a life of its own.

4 comments:

  1. I thought of Nancy Drew but couldn't decide on which Nancy I wanted to be. There have been so many incarnations of her now, though I am looking forward to the upcoming movie.

    Also I've been stumbling across this Booked by 3 absolutely everywhere in book blog-verse. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be the original Nancy, at least the one through the mid-'60s. And I hope the movie is good. I do want to see it.

    There must have been something about this set of questions that really appealed to folks. I hope the next set becomes as popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read something, anything by Phillip Roth. I haven't gotten to him, yet.

    Yep, I've seen this little meme everywhere! It is fun watching the joy spread when you start something, isn't it?

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled upon your blog! What a neat list!!!



    Amys Random THoughts is having a blogging scavenger hunt starting Tuesday morning. Still time to sign up. We would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete