"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Booked by 3: April, My Answers

Name up to 3 characters:

You wish were real so you could meet them.
  • Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. I would love to have a real discussion with him.
  • Ukiah Oregon of Wen Spencer's science fiction series because he's hot.
  • Vincent Rubio in Eric Garcia's Dinosaur Mafia books because who wouldn't want to meet a modern-day dinosaur?

You would like to be.
  • Growing up, I wanted to be Nancy Drew.
  • A comic book character: Supergirl. Who wouldn't want super powers?
  • hmmmmm.... can't think of a third.

That scare you.
  • Charles Lindbergh in Philip Roth's The Plot Against America.
  • Big Brother in 1984.
  • Paul in Michael Marshall's Straw Men trilogy. The embodiment of evil.

By the way, I was really tickled to see that this edition of Booked by 3 got picked up by a lot of folks via tagging, to the point that the original post got lost in the ether of cyberspace. I think that was one of my fantasies when I started blogging, to create a meme that took on a life of its own.