"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Booked by 3 for July

Hey hey hey. I'm getting this up early in the month. Mostly because you might have to think a bit longer for this one.

I thought it might be fun to play a little game. We'll do 2 versions of it. For July, let's each try to make a very short story (similar to something called flash fiction) or a haiku-like poem using the titles of books we've read. You can do 3 shorts using 3 titles each, or you can make one longer "story," using 9 titles. Please give the authors somewhere in your answer. You can answer in the comments or leave a link back to your blog entry with your response.

For August, we'll try this with first lines from books we've read, so you can start thinking now. And if this works, maybe we can try doing it collaboratively, each leaving the next line in a story in the comments, either from titles or first lines.

So, put on your thinking caps, find the books you've read (at home or at the library), and let's see what we can come up with. Most important, let's have fun.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to have to think and play around with a few combinations for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiku to James P.
    Man at The Lake House
    The Jester is the 1st to die
    but Jack and Jill live

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea... gotta work on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, I've got mine up now. Took a bit of rummaging through the shelves but I managed to create three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine's up. I did it like a story -- I hope this is what you meant.

    http://oldbookbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I've done mine, I can comment.

    Good one, Jess. I'll go look at the others. :)

    ReplyDelete