"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Booked by 3 for August: My Answers

I figured I should answer this before it's time for the September questions.

Name 3 groups of 3 titles of books you've read that share one or more words.

This was harder than I thought. I kept hitting plural and singular versions of the word I wanted to use, so I didn't stick with genres. There were some obvious ones, though. Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars, Eric Garcia's Dinosaur Mafia books that use the word Rex, and Barry Eisler's Rain books, but I wanted to use different authors for each word.

1. Blood books (This was a popular word in the titles on my books read list.)
  • In the Blood (Nancy Collins) - horror
  • Field of Blood (Denise Mina) - mystery
  • Blood of Angels (Michael Marshall) - suspense
2. War books
  • A Drink Before the War (Dennis Lehane) - mystery
  • The Forever War (Joe Haldeman) - science fiction
  • The Cool War (Frederik Pohl) - science fiction
3. Stars books (another popular word, and not just science fiction)
  • The Stars, Like Dust (Isaac Asimov) - science fiction
  • The City and the Stars (Arthur C. Clarke) - science fiction
  • The Stars My Destination (Alfred Bester) - science fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment