"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Booked by 3 for September

Sorry to get this up so late, but I've been sick with a cold or allergies or both. And busy with Library Thing, which inspires this month's questions.

I. Do you have a permanent record of your books?
  1. Yes, I keep a manual listing or Excel file or something similar on paper or my computer.
  2. Yes, I keep it online on a site like Library Thing or Shelfari.
  3. No, who has the time?!
II. If you keep track of your books on a website, do you...
  1. Have a free or paid account?
  2. Use it to track books to be read as well as books owned, or do you use the site just for your To Be Read list or something else I can't think of?
  3. Enter the data manually or did you get a barcode scanner so I can add books faster?
III. Miscellaneous questions.
  1. If you use the online sites, do you just catalog your books or do you participate in forums, check other libraries, and otherwise network with other users?
  2. If you don't use an online site, do you want to but don't have the time?
  3. If you use one of the sites, which one and what's your user name so the rest of us can check out your library?
Edited to add: I forgot to remind folks to leave your answers in the comments or leave a link back to where you did answer. Thanks. :)

3 comments:

  1. Cool post. My answers are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. answers are up on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never; my answers are here

    Great questions!...Can't wait to see everyone's answers (and peruse their bookshelves!)

    ReplyDelete