Adaptations this time.
1. Books Made Into Movies (can include TV shows)
- Do you prefer to read the book before or after seeing the movie? Before. Before. I hate spoilers, so if the adaptations are fairly faithful, I'd rather not know what's going to happen in a book, but I don't mind as much in a movie or tv show because I can also enjoy the acting, music, etc.
- Do you prefer to not see movies or TV shows made from your favorite books? I don't mind seeing them. I like to see who they cast and if what they did matches my own ideas.
- Do you prefer a faithful adaptation or does it not matter? Faithful is better, but if not, I don't mind as long as it's interesting and as good or better than the book, and that's rare.
2. Novelizations of Movies/TV Shows
- Do you read them? Sometimes.
- Do you prefer reading them before or after seeing the movie/tv show? After, so they can fill in some of the blanks. The only ones I really read were Star Trek ones.
- Do you prefer a faithful adaption or does it not matter? It doesn't much matter, but faithful is nice.
- Are there books you'd love to see adapted for movies or TV shows or any you hope will never be adapted? None I can think of offhand, though some of Minette Walters books would be great filmed. Maybe for the Mystery series.
- Do you envision favorite actors as characters while you read? Often.
- Are there adaptations you think are dead on or any that make you cringe? The best was probably To Kill a Mockingbird. The Exorcist was rather good, too. I can't think of any awful ones right now, probably because I read reviews and then refused to see them. ;)