"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Couple of Things

Thing the First
I seem to have, without thinking about it, managed to choose 2 similar books to read. I rarely have done this. I usually have worked hard to pick different genres, different plots, so I can keep things straight in my head. But somehow, I've managed to select 2 books dealing with men who have lost their wives violently and who throw themselves into a project to hide from their grief. The books are different, too, of course, but the similarities have me forgetting every so often which book has the wife who fell to her death (The Dogs of Babel) and which has the wife and two sons who died in a plane crash (Book of Illusions). I might not review them til I have them both read and can do a comparison.

Thing the Second
The monthly meme. Not so monthly, lately. So, I'm forgetting about April, and will post something by the weekend for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment