"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Comments I Don't Publish

I got a comment on the previous post that had nothing to do with the book, but everything to do with promoting a blog listing kind of site, or so it said. If someone has an interesting link to offer that will enhance a post or add to a discussion, that's fine, but I don't publish comments that are just link dropping. That's really spam. Here's a cleaned version of the comment:
Hello I would like invite you to add your blog to [redacted]. You have a realy nice Blog, show it. I am not a blogger but what is the purpose of having a blog if nobody see's it?
Add [redacted] to your blog and share links with your visitors and friends.
[redacted]: is a Free service that lets you add your blog link to multiple blog sites. ...
Actually, I post my book reviews over on Facebook and Library Thing as well as here and link to here from my other blogs. Most of my blogs, including this one, are listed with blog lists and Technorati, and this one is in a blog ring (I hope an active one still). So, I think I'm doing fine without the unsolicited "advice." I won't comment on the typos/misspellings (more in the part I deleted).

Please do not spam my blogs with advertising in comments. I won't publish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment