"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

They Sure Didn't Know My Mother

Random House has a list of books mothers would love. My mother, who read a lot of thrillers, mysteries, spy fiction, and the occasional science fiction novel, might read a book or two on this list, were she still alive, but I doubt it. Well, maybe the Grisham. She was the one, after all, who told me back in the '70s, to read Robert Ludlum and who let me read the James Bond books she and my father had in pb back in the '60s. Unless Grisham bored her they way he does me. Hard to say. What about your mother? Would she read/like any of these books?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list. Actually impressive!!! I hope my mom will like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! There are some good books there. I'm sure she'll like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog. I just subscribed so I can read each post when published. Yay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chelly. And subscribing is a good idea, because I post so infrequently here. ;)

    ReplyDelete