"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Tools of the Trade

I've been adding books to my Library Thing library. When I joined the site, I added a quick hundred or so books, then most of my reference books, and since then, just the books I finish reading. But this week, I finally got started on entering all my books, and it's a daunting task as many don't have ISBNs or don't have scan-able ISBNs. If there's no cover in the database, I'm taking photos and adding them. Plus, I'm doing some quick weeding of out-of-date non-fiction and of reference books made superfluous by being too easily matched by the internet. In some ways, I feel like I'm back working.

If you're on Library Thing, you can find my library at: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ShellyS



No comments:

Post a Comment