"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Deal Makers

The Broke and the Bookish asked what books are deal makers. Aside from reviews in Publishers Weekly or Entertainment Weekly that make a book sound intriguing, I'm a sucker by books by an author I already like. I'm also intrigued by historical fiction, especially historical mysteries set in places and/or time periods I don't know much about. Science fiction is pretty much a guarantee I'll be interested, but if a book also has an alternate reality or time travel element, I usually can't buy it fast enough. I'm also a sucker for dysfunctional or emotionally damaged protagonists.

So, what are your bookish weaknesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment