Books I've Read (6)
- Astro City, Vol. 1: Life in the Big City by Kurt Busiek, art by Brent Anderson... I've read all but 2 of the rest of the volumes, plus the ongoing comic. One of the best graphic novels ever published.
- The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Waterson... Since I've read all the Calvin and Hobbes strips, I'm counting this as read.
- Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson (novel, historical fiction)... Not the first Atkinson I read (That was Case Histories), but one of my favorites.
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (novel, historical/literary fiction)... Wonderful book.
- Holes by Louis Sachar (YA novel, Newberry Award-winner)... A delight, and I saw the movie, too.
- Supergirl by Peter David, art by Gary Frank, Cam Smith, Karl Story, Terry Dodson... I believe this is the Supergirl as angel inhabiting Linda Danvers version, which I didn't like at all. It got better when a version of the original Supergirl, Kara Zor-El, showed up. Peter David has always struck me as a decent writer who other people tend to like more than I do.
Books I Own, Waiting to be Read (4)
- Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat (novel, historical fiction)
- The Intuitionist by Colson Whitehead (novel, speculative fiction)
- My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk (novel, historical fiction)
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith (novel, literary fiction)
Book I Couldn't Finish
- Possession by A. S. Byatt (novel, historiographic metafiction)... I think I got as far as page 3, maybe 4. Didn't like the writing style, at all. By the way, I have no idea what "historiographic metafiction means.
Books I Saw the Movie/TV Show Instead (3)
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje (novel, historical/contemporary fiction)... Good movie, though I don't know how true it was to the book
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (novel, speculative fiction/historical romance)... I watched the first season, but lost interest before the season finale.
- Preacher, Vol. 1: Gone to Texas by Garth Ennis, art by Steve Dillon... I'm loving the TV show. I just read that Steve Dillon died. So sad. His talent will be missed.