"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Amazon Mess

By the time I spotted the "Adult" content filtering in Amazon searches that singled out homosexual material for exclusion, it was all over my Twitter feed and my LiveJournal friends list. Here's an article about it on Publishers Weekly. I don't think they would delete content they sell from searches, or so the posts said. The main issue seems to be sales rankings, which still would affect what people might buy. That's bad for business. If they decide to not sell such content, that's another issue. But they do have the right to sell what they want. And in the age of the internet, this blew up fast and furious. And I post the info here in case there actually is someone reading this who hasn't heard about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment