"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Friday, December 31, 2004

Reading List, 2004

An asterisk (*) indicates the books I particularly enjoyed this past year.


  • Whole Wide World by Paul McAuley (science fiction)
  • Replay by Ken Grimwood (science fiction) *
  • Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (memoir) *
  • Dry by Augusten Burroughs (memoir) *
  • Island of Bones by P.J. Parrish (mystery)
  • The Upright Man by Michael Marshall (suspense) *
  • Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane (suspense) *
  • Timescape by Gregory Benford (science fiction)
  • The Shape of Snakes by Minette Walters (mystery) *
  • Dog Warrior by Wen Spencer (science fiction) *
  • Hard Rain by Barry Eisler (suspense) *
  • Singularity Sky by Charles Stross (science fiction)
  • Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee (fiction) *

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Why did it take me so long to find this blog? I use to keep track of the books I read, usually on the back page of whichever notebook jnl. I was scribbling away in. I love to read...but only good books (lol). I am on an Annie (oh heck! I can't spell her last name!)...who wrote The Shipping News, Postcards, and now I am into a third called Accordian. I truly enjoyed Postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary,
    Well, I'm glad you found this blog. :)
    I think you mean Annie Proulx. I haven't read anything by her but I've heard so much about her I might have to add a book or two of hers to the stacks and stacks here.

    ReplyDelete