"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Thursday Bookworm: A Meme

I found this neat meme on Catalogue Blog and since it's book related, I'll be doing it here. I added a link for it to the sidebar.

1. What would you consider to be the best play ever written, and why?
I'm very partial to Kaufman and Hart's "The Still Alarm," which is about as perfect a one-act play can get.

2. Who would you say is the most prolific American playwright/dramatist of all time? And from any other country?
Aside from Shakespeare, maybe Neil Simon.

3. Are there any plays or playwrights that you don't particularly care for?
I will be happy to never read or see an Ibsen play again.

4. Have you ever performed in a play? Which one(s), and which role(s) did you play?
In school plays, if I wasn't behind the scenes, I had such great parts as "Girl Number 3." Egads. I never even got to be "Girl Number 1."

5. Have you ever written, or attempted to write, a play of your own?
No. It's not my form. I'm a novelist at heart. Now to just get one published. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Thanks for playing along, Shelly! Great answers! I completely agree with you on Ibsen. A Doll's House was murder to get through.

    I noticed that you started a book-related meme. If you don't mind, I'd like to link it on the Bookworm page! Let me know if that's ok with you. :)

    Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Brandie,
    Sure, you can link to the meme. It'll probably be a one-shot, but if other questions occur to me that are bookish, I might do it again. :)
    And I'll definitely play yours next week, provided it's something I can answer.

    ReplyDelete