"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Friday, January 21, 2005

Thursday Bookworm

1. How many books do you own (and if you're not a nerd like me and don't know the exact number, guess-timate)?
Uh, I lost count a few hundred ago. Okay, many hundreds ago. I probably have a few thousand books, more if I count comic books.

2. Do you keep books to add to your personal library, or do you trade them/give them away?
I keep all the books I enjoyed reading. The ones I didn't like or don't think I'll ever read, I give to library book sales.

3. If you keep books, what makes you keep them? What kind of books do you keep?
I keep books I enjoyed. They're like old friends and I can't part with them. I also keep a lot of reference books to help with my writing.

4. Do you have a guilty pleasure book- something you would never want to admit to reading?
Well, I don't feel guilty about it, but I do pull out my Nancy Drews, Dana Girls, and Trixie Beldon mysteries every now and then. :)

5. Have you ever gone without something you needed to buy a book instead?
I don't think so. If I couldn't afford a book right away, I waited til I did, which was rare. Books were a lot cheaper when I didn't have enough money to buy both books and food.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Hey, there's not a darn thing wrong with Nancy Drew. I find myself picking one up every now and then. Makes me feel like a kid again!

    And a COUPLE THOUSAND books? Geezy Pete, that's amazing! Where in the world do you keep all of them??

    Thanks for playing along, Shelly! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandie. Fortunately, this is a big apartment with bookshelves everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete