"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Music Meme

I got tagged to do this, and even though I don't do music memes (which will become clear as soon as you see my answers), I'm doing this one.

Total amount of music files on your computer:
None. I don't download music. I listen to music on CD or the radio, including internet radio.

The last CD you bought was:
Uh, hmmm..... hubby gave me Brian Wilson's Smile for Chanukah. I don't recall the last one I actually bought. It was uh, a while ago. I spend my money on books and craft supplies, mostly, not music.

What is the song you last listened to before reading this message:
Something on our oldies station, WCBS-FM 101.1. I don't recall what. They're playing commercials right now. ... Ah, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" just went on.

5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
Whatever comes up on the radio. I don't listen to my CDs much. Usually, just after I buy them. A lot of my CDs and cassettes are filks (which are rewritten songs, the sort of thing Alan Sherman did and Weird Al Yankovic does, where a known tune is used for new lyrics). Filk is popular in the science fiction and fantasy community. The rest are mostly oldies. My records include a lot of Broadway show albums and some movie scores. Among the newer CDs I have are some Bon Jovi. I like him, thanks to a friend who recommended him to me.

Aside from listening to WCBS-FM, I'm fond of the Russian Internet Radio station. The thing is, I'm so bad at choosing what to listen to, I could spend hours picking CDs, that it's easier to let the radio programmers decide for me, provided I pick the "genre." Oldies stations provide the biggest variety. And except for when I'm watching TV, I always have the radio on.

And for memorable songs, Dave Clark 5's "Because" was hubby and my wedding song.

Who am I going to pass this onto and why?
Um, how about anyone who hasn't done it yet. :)


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Thanks for playing Shelly!

    I love broadway shows and really should go out and get some CDs, I especially love Chicago and Phantom of the Opera!

    Bon Jovi are one of my all time favourite bands so pleased to see them in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that we have something in common. :)

    My fav musical scores are Fiddler on the Roof, Anything Goes, Threepenny Opera (not quite a musical), A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and almost anything written by Sondheim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:43 PM

    How could I forget Fiddler on the Roof?! shame on me!!!

    ReplyDelete