"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Music Meme

I got tagged to do this, and even though I don't do music memes (which will become clear as soon as you see my answers), I'm doing this one.

Total amount of music files on your computer:
None. I don't download music. I listen to music on CD or the radio, including internet radio.

The last CD you bought was:
Uh, hmmm..... hubby gave me Brian Wilson's Smile for Chanukah. I don't recall the last one I actually bought. It was uh, a while ago. I spend my money on books and craft supplies, mostly, not music.

What is the song you last listened to before reading this message:
Something on our oldies station, WCBS-FM 101.1. I don't recall what. They're playing commercials right now. ... Ah, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" just went on.

5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
Whatever comes up on the radio. I don't listen to my CDs much. Usually, just after I buy them. A lot of my CDs and cassettes are filks (which are rewritten songs, the sort of thing Alan Sherman did and Weird Al Yankovic does, where a known tune is used for new lyrics). Filk is popular in the science fiction and fantasy community. The rest are mostly oldies. My records include a lot of Broadway show albums and some movie scores. Among the newer CDs I have are some Bon Jovi. I like him, thanks to a friend who recommended him to me.

Aside from listening to WCBS-FM, I'm fond of the Russian Internet Radio station. The thing is, I'm so bad at choosing what to listen to, I could spend hours picking CDs, that it's easier to let the radio programmers decide for me, provided I pick the "genre." Oldies stations provide the biggest variety. And except for when I'm watching TV, I always have the radio on.

And for memorable songs, Dave Clark 5's "Because" was hubby and my wedding song.

Who am I going to pass this onto and why?
Um, how about anyone who hasn't done it yet. :)