"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, May 08, 2005

May Booked by 3: My Answers

1. How? How do you find books to read? Reviews? Recommendations? Favorite Authors? Other?
Mostly Publishers Weekly reviews, favorite authors, the occasional recommendation, and once or twice a year, a book will catch my eye in the store. I also like buying first novels in science fiction. I believe in giving new writers a chance and in science fiction, I figure the odds are I might like it.


2. Where? Where do you get your books? Independent bookstores? Chain stores? Online? Library?
I buy them mostly, usually in one of the local Barnes & Nobles. On rare occasions when I haven't been able to find something I simply must read, I'll borrow a library copy. But I much prefer owning my books.


3. When? Or more accurately, how often? How many books on average do you get or buy each month?
I've had to slow down my buying and I still buy more than I can read a month, probably 3-4 purchased to 1-2 read.

And take a peek down in the footer and meet Steinbeck, my Bunnyhero Labs virtual puppy. You can feed him a treat by clicking on the box and then dropping the doggie bone with a click somewhere in the white space above him.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 AM

    I am so loving Steinbeck...he's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's scary how much I like playing with him. And Flo the Fish I put on Occasional Blog, and Choco the Tiger I have over on Cyber Chocolate. The darned things are addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:32 AM

    I'll put my Meme answers up at some point today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Thanks for the Booked by 3! Here are my answers...

    http://theloudlibrarian.net/2005/05/booked-by-3-for-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I think the reading so much is an occupational hazard. ;-) Ironically, I wish I had more time for writing and blogging! Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete