"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Shelving Preferences for Booked by 3

1. How do you store your books?

  • Stacked
  • Shelved
  • Don't keep any
Mostly shelved, but new ones are stacked in front on the shelves til they can be interfiled.

2. If you keep them, what order are they in?
  • Author or Title
  • Subject or Size
  • Haphazardly
I have them mostly by subject, but some end up being shelved by siz because they're too tall for most of the shelves. Fiction is by author, with science fiction in its own section.

3. Where are they?
  • Living Room
  • Bedroom
  • Everywhere/other

Living room, bedroom, den, back hall, cookbooks in the kitchen but there are only a few of those.

Of note: I seemed to have lost the comment link on the individual entry pages. I'm not sure how I did that or how to fix it and I don't have the time or brain power for it now. Sorry for any inconvenience. I should've known redoing the template wouldn't be so easy.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    sounds like you have a highly organised system working there. My system is mostly one of remembrence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. I can't rely on remembrance, because I never can remember where I put my memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:44 PM

    1. shelved except for new books which tend to pile up before I get motivated enough to shelve them.

    2. Ordered by fiction, nonfiction and poetry and withing each section they are alphabetized by author. Some books that are overly tall get placed out of order on a top shelf.

    3. They are everywhere! There is not a room in the house that does not have books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers, Stefanie. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Shelly,

    I) shelves

    II) subject

    III) Everywhere

    Except for when I don't.

    Best,

    Allan

    ReplyDelete