"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Bit of Experimentation

I wanted to add trackback, but it was so complicated, I ended up swapping out my template, then back again, after making sure I had a current copy of what I'd been using. Blogger now has the trackback code on the templates, but that didn't affect those blogs created prior to the addition. So then I had to add back all the customizations I'd made. I got it all back and working, mostly. I don't see trackbacks, but maybe there aren't any, or it's from now on. And I can't get the display comments to work, so now I have 2 comments links, one of which works the old way and one that doesn't and it's too late and I'm too tired to deal with it now. It's no biggie. We can all deal with it til I get around to trying to fix it.

I can't do this with Cyber Chocolate because that's not a Blogger template and adding the trackback code, which goes in 3 or so places, seems too tedious to be worth it. I can use Technorati to find links back and I doubt CC gets more interesting comments elsewhere than a mention.

So, now we'll see if trackbacks work here, so link to a post as a test. heh Maybe I'll use one of my other blogs to test this out. Later. Another day. Not now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment