"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Unwanted Comments

I'll say this just once. I already put "word" verification on here because of spam comments. I'll put comment moderation on if I have to. Comments advertising anything will not be allowed to remain here or on any of my blogs. You want to suggest a book-related site, fine, but no iPod gimmicks or other crap. And that includes someone trying to push their own book. This isn't a commercial site, nor will it ever be so. I've just permanently removed a Free iPod comment and don't want to have to keep doing this.

This is s book blog. Feel free to answer the Booked by 3 meme questions, comment on the reviews, discuss books you've read, but comments should be book-related. I really hate when everyone else has to suffer because of spammers, but I get any more advertising comments, and moderation goes into effect. Sorry, folks, but that's the way it will have to be. I'd rather take the time to review comments before they appear, than let spam comments sit here for all to see. I hope all my regular readers here will understand. Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 AM

    Hope this works out, Shelly. It's bloody annoying that spammers have moved from emails to blogs. Wish we didn't have to take all these precautions to weed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, too. I'm not sure if it's an actual spammer or someone very anxious to get a free iPod.

    ReplyDelete