"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yet More Sprucing Up

Previous sprucing up was close but not quite right. I think this is closer. I restored the title by dropping the header element and restoring the old header graphic. It looks okay in Firefox, less okay in IE, but it will do for now. I widened the content wrapper and the main section and IE doesn't seem to render the change the same way as Firefox does and I'm not css literate enough to figure it out. So this will do for now. I reserve the right to change it all again later. But for now, your feed subs should say Shelly's Book Shelf again.

Oh, and go pet Steinbeck in the footer. Feed him a bone. He gets lonely sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. Just testing the comment thing . . . with the Preview button this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it worked fine, Deb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steinbeck is adorable! He won't eat my dog cookie though. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to hold it above him. He likes to jump for it. :)

    Okay, it took me a while to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your book blog. I admire anyone who attempts to preserve and further the avocation of reading. Keep up the great work; I intend to be a regular reader.

    http://johnleftfield.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:58 AM

    I love this blog. The questions are great; they get you thinking. Any blog that focuses on one of my main passions in life, reading, is okay by me, but this blog is exceptional. LOVE IT. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Shannon. I'm really proud of this blog. And it's the great group of folks reading it that makes it so good. :)

    ReplyDelete