"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Booking Through Thursday

Thank goodness. Something to post here.


Booking Through Thursday

  1. They say that books read as a child make more of an impact on a person than books read at any other time in life. Are there any books that you particularly loved, that shaped the way you think when you were little? I'm not asking if you believed in fairies then but don't any more. I'm asking about patterns of thought, morality--something that made an impact. I wasn't affected by books for what was in them as much for the fact that they made me a lifelong reader and gave me wonderful memories. When I think of them, I feel as if I'm back there. I got my morality, etc. from my parents and teachers.


  2. And, of course, examples, please! The ones that stuck with me are the Little House books, Nancy Drew and The Dana Girls, Trixie Beldon, Mary Poppins (tho not as much), comic books, James Bond (well, I was 11 when I started reading those)... I don't remember many books from when I was really young, except the Little Golden Books which I still have (tho not my original copies; I had to hunt them down on eBay and elsewhere)...


  3. Also, did you read this book/these books more than once? Many times? Even if that's not a usual habit of yours? I can't begin to remember how often I read my Nancy Drews, or my comics.




No comments:

Post a Comment