"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Booked by 3: February

Being the lazy slacker I am, I'm a bit late with this, which is annoying because I already had it ready.
  1. Have you read (up to 3) authors recently you want to read more by?
  2. Have you read authors (up to 3) recently that if you never see another book by them, it will be too soon?
  3. Are there any authors (up to 3) you wish would write more books?
I'll answer by the weekend. Please use the comments to play or leave a link to your blog if you play there. And the "up to 3" is to keep to the Booked by 3 name theme. If you have more, then list 'em.

6 comments:

  1. answers up on my site :) fun to be playing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Have you read (up to 3) authors recently you want to read more by?

    * Federico Suarez
    * Tim Drake
    * Tom Holt
    * Christopher Moore
    * Ron Hansen
    * Francis Fernandez

    2. Have you read authors (up to 3) recently that if you never see another book by them, it will be too soon?

    * Robert Hutchison
    * K.A. Bedford
    * Joe Haldeman

    3. Are there any authors (up to 3) you wish would write more books? (I am breaking this into 2 catagories, those dead and alive, the dead one's it's not likely we will get anymore from, but I wish.)

    Dead

    * C.S. Lewis
    * J.F. Powers
    * Robert A. Heinlien
    * Alfred Bester

    Living

    * Kathy Shaidle
    * Steven Brust
    * Scott Hahn
    * Lois Lowry
    * Madeleine L'Engle
    * James Bryon Huggins
    * Noah benShea

    Book Reviews and More
    McEvoys's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Joe Haldeman! Haven't heard of some of the others. And I wish we could get more by Alfred Bester, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I compared 'The Forever War' to "Starship Troopers' and "Orphange" and considered both much better.

    Christopher Moore & Tom Holt are the two funniest authors alive IMHO, both as good of better than Douglas Adams.

    I greatly enjoyed the Homage to Bester in Babylon 5. There were so many inside literary and Sci-fi jokes in that series but this was one of the best. Who better to be a Psi Cop than Alfred Bester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Starship Troopers and don't know Orphanage, but I loved Forever War and the sequel. My fav military SF is Armor by John Steakley.

    As for Bester, gotta love the man who wrote the oath for Green Lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. answers up on my site:

    http://momofajl.blogspot.com/

    This was my first meme, it was fun playing along!

    ReplyDelete