"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Monday, June 25, 2007

Booked by 3 for June: My Answers

Mea culpa. I forgot to post my answers. Ah well, it is still June, so here goes.

1. Do you read while on public transport or when on long journeys by train/tram/bus etc? And if so what is your preferred reading material for these trips?

I mostly read on my subway trip home, whichever book I'm in the middle of. I'll read some from it at home, too. Sometimes, it's also my gym book, but not always. I can't read for too long, though, on moving vehicles because I tend to nod off.

2. You see someone reading a book on the tram/train/bus and are impressed/want to get to know that person, what is the book? Name three possibilities. Bonus: Have you ever gotten a book to read because you've seen someone else reading it on public transportation?

I'm always looking at what people are reading. Call it professional curiosity, being that I'm a librarian. Books that would impress me? Probably one of my fav authors would do it or something I enjoyed that I recently finished reading so we could discuss it, provided they're far enough into it to have something to say. I wouldn't spoil a book for someone. And no, I don't recall getting a book because I saw someone reading it.

3. If you were wanting to catch someone's eye, what book would you be reading? Name three possibilities.

hmmmm.... Can't think of any in particular. Something literary, perhaps. But mostly, I just read what I want to read and I'm not looking to catch someone's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment