"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Booked by 3 for January

Let's see if I can come up with enough questions for 12 more months of this. To kick off the new year, let's have a retrospective of the previous one.
  1. List up to 3 books you read in 2007 that you loved.
  2. List up to 3 books you read in 2007 that were disappointments.
  3. List up to 3 authors you discovered in 2007 you definitely will put on your Must Read list.
Answer in the comments or leave a link to your answers, please. I'm looking forward to seeing what you list. My answers, uh, soonish.

5 comments:

  1. http://veggiemomof2.blogspot.com/2008/01/booked-by-3-for-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can read my answers here

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Answers are now up on my blog Book Reviews and More and links to my reviews for the first 2 answers and the authors websites for the last one.

    Thanks Shelly this one was great fun and hard to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally love Moore's books, they are usually more fun, as you can tell from the review of this one it was the ending that turned me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:52 AM

    i haven't read that many books in 2007 but i'll share with you my feelings on books I did read. The Emperor's children by Claire Messud - I found very disappointing. EAt Pray Love by elizabeth gilbert - liked parts of it, her descriptions of place and people were very vivid and humorous, however sometimes a bit too self-involved. just finished Inheritance of Loss by kiran desai and found it beautifully written but very sad. Reminded me of writers like Salman Rushdie and Rohinton Mistry, whom I love, but without their capacity to put forth a transcendant hope that emerges from tragedy.

    ReplyDelete