"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Friday, November 26, 2010

Housekeeping

It's been a mostly quiet afternoon at the reference desk, so I thought I'd check links on some of my blogs. I have now cleaned up the Book Review Blogroll here, deleting dead blogs and ones not updated for 9 months or longer. I know I don't update often here, but I do try to post something at least once every month or so.

I still need to redo the other blog/site roll here that currently is an import from Bloglines. I've switched to reading via Google Reader, when I heard Bloglines was going belly up, but now they have a new owner and will be sticking around, and that blog list isn't up-to-date, anymore, so I either will redo it in Bloglines, or I'll move everything into a Blogger widget, same as the review blogs.

I do feel a bit embarrassed that I hadn't noticed changes in urls or that some blogs had ceased publication. I tend to not read via the blogroll and haven't looked at the links in ages. At any rate, if you have a book review blog that isn't listed and would like me to include it, just leave the link in a comment and I'll take a look. :)

I'm in the middle of Alan Furst's Night Soldiers and enjoying it. It has a somewhat broader scope than his previous books, which is adding to my enjoyment. Hopefully, I'll finish it soon and post a proper review.

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your blog isn't a book or book review blog and I'm not Christian, I respectively decline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop and drink coffee,think about now ,do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, thanks, Somsi. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'll sub chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete