"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Friday, December 09, 2005

December Booked by 3: My Answers

Time for my answers.

1. Books/Magazines as gifts.
  • Do you give them? Sometimes. Mostly to my father. I usually found new books on space before he did, so I could usually get them for him and know I wouldn't be duplicating his collection.
  • Do you get them? Only if I gave them to someone on my gift wish list. Hubby has bought me books. My parents did a few times.
  • If you've gotten any as gifts, do you have a favorite? Probably the hardcover in a slipcase copy of the collected Green Lantern/Green Arrow comic from the late-'60s/early-'70s. I had the original comics, but the special hardcover had intro essays and really nice repro of the art.


2. End of Year Stats

  • Most books read in a year? Back in 6th grade, I topped 100, but in more recent years, probably 24.
  • Least number of books read in a year? That would be 2, back in the mid- or late-'80s. I'm too lazy to look it up.
  • Average number of books read in a year? I've been averaging 16 in recent years.

3. Any reading material on your wish list this year? My To Read/Buy list is currently 8 typed pages long! Nothing in particular is coming to mind as a priority.


No comments:

Post a Comment