"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Friday, December 09, 2005

A Quirky Meme

...for which we blog about our 5 quirky habits, then tag 5 others after putting the instructions here. I got tagged by Kate at Reading Frenzy to do this.

1. I like filling out questionnaries and quizzes. I don't always send them in or post the results or whatever, but I like filling them out, especially if they're yes/no, true/false, or multiple choice. I really can't resist those.

2. In a bit of OCD behavior, and the fear of not locking my front door, I turn the key sufficiently that it makes my fingers hurt. Then, if I can't remember if I locked the door, I feel the pain in my fingers and remember that I did lock the door.

3. I hate reading library books or books other people have read. I like my books fresh and when I buy books or magazines, I never take the ones in front or that look pawed over. I take something pristine from behind. Finding what looked like a fossilized bug in a book at the library yesterday just reinforces this feeling. Needless to say, that book was removed from the shelf. Ick.

4. I eat my M&Ms by color. Ever since I was a kid, I'd separate them into colors, or matching pairs. For the pairs, I'd assign "boy" colors and "girl" colors for proper pairings.

5. I have a weird need for symmetry. If I bump my left foot, I have to then bump my right. I can't wear a side part in my hair. It has to be either a middle part or no part.

I'm going to cross post this to Cyber Chocolate, because it fits better there, but I've done it here, because this is where I've been tagged.

I don't usually tag folks, just let readers do these if they want to and haven't yet.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:58 PM

    boy and girl colored m&ms????? hahaha that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was a kid, well, a teen, when I started doing that. Now it's just habit. A quirky habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:58 PM

    I'm beginning to think we all have a little OCD...but between locking your door and bumping your foot--ouch! You must be a picture straightener too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah. I hate crooked pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete