"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Booked by 3: My September Answers

I really meant to have this up sooner, but got bogged down by fiddling with beta Blogger and flickr and well, time has a way of getting away, doesn't it.

1. How many books did you read this summer (you can count from June 21 to the day you answer this this month)? I think I managed to get 3 or 4 read. I don't track by date and I'm feeling a bit lazy about checking the review dates here.

2. Would you recommend any of them? Yes. I loved the Minette Walters' books. The Dark Room was the one I finished most recently. Before I realized I needed to read every one of her books, I'd been thinking I'd just read the ones that most appealed to me plot-wise and this hadn't made the cut. But now that I've read it, I have to say while it's not my favorite, it's as good as any of her other books, which is saying a lot.

3. Were you disappointed in any of them? I had hoped Wen Spencer's book, A Brother's Price, would be more enjoyable. Her Ukiah Oregon books are wonderful, but this wasn't nearly as good, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment