"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." (Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Spruce Up

Well, I did it. Or rather, someone else did it. I found a 3-column hack for beta Blogger over on Hackosphere and since there were 3 sample full templates that needed customizing and one of them was Denim which I like, I just used that and fiddled, copying and pasting bits from my old template into the new one.

I've only begun tagging my posts here. I did a bunch to get the page element in so I can see how it looks and I'll slowly finish the job over the next day or so. I'm considering what to use for reviews and things. I guess "reviews," but I'm thinking of also adding categories for authors I read a lot, maybe genres of the books reviewed, and so on. If you have any thoughts on useful categories here, just leave a comment.

I hope folks like the place. Unlike my other beta-ized blogs where I swapped out the header, I kept this one because I wanted the side corners, titled the blog in Blogger with a subtitle, then added the header graphic above it for the actual title. It shows the subtitle in my dashboard, but that's okay. I know which blog it is. ;)

I might fiddle some more, add some things back to the right sidebar to help balance it with the left one, but for now, I think it works nicely. Let me know what you think. And I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment